So I have been on a bit of a roll with my cooking this weekend. I am on a constant quest to sort out an awesome paleo chocolate layer cake. Once that is up to snuff I will upload it. One of my favorite things to quickly whip up is a solid chia seed pudding. They are tasty, will cure a sweet tooth and are packed with goodness. Our grocery store has had these awesome organic frozen cherries on sale so I have been using them in any and every way possible.
I hope you enjoy this treat. This recipe only takes a few minutes to whip up and makes about 2-3 servings. I one hundred percent support the doubling of this recipe 😉
Cherry Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1.5 tablespoon of cashew or macadamia nut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cherries
1) Whisk together the almond milk, coconut milk, nut butter, vanilla extract, honey and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
2) Mix in the chia seeds and the chopped cherries and refrigerate for four hours.
3) Mix up the pudding before serving as the cherries may have sunken while chilling.